Roy E. Mayne & Son only accept PDF finished artwork.
Sending us the correct file format and following the correct
specifications, means we can have your printing back to you
in the fastest time possible.
Uploading a PDF is the best way to send a file. This is best
done via the “Request A Quote” form on our website.
Note: Please remember to name your files correctly.
We Suggest: “Name”_”ProjectName”_”Date”.pdf (Without quotation marks)
Please check email confirmation of job details to ensure
your job has been received by Roy E. Mayne & Son.
Printing with CMYK + PMS Silver + Spot UV
Please view our guide to setting up your artwork for printing with PMS Silver & Spot UV.
Indesign templates for standard products (including folding
guides) are available from our prepress department.
All fonts must be embedded. You can also outline fonts before creating a PDF to avoid issues.
Graphic / Image Elements Checklist
• Supply bitmap images at 300dpi
• All colours must be converted to CMYK (no RGB, LAB or PMS colours) with the exception of Silver (877)
• Combined colour ink density should not exceed 340%
• All Graphics & Images should be output using the ICC Profile “CoatedFOGRA39”
We strongly recommend a flight checking application is
used to check the integrity of the PDF prior to sending it.
We recommend Enfocus Pitstop: www.enfocus.com
Storage of Files
Although files will be stored on our servers for future orders, Roy E. Mayne & Son do not undertake archiving and retrieval of customer data unless stated otherwise.
Roy E. Mayne & Son cannot accept responsibility for errors due to files
that do not meet specifications.
Supplied PDF artwork always remains the responsibility of the customer.
We recommend downloading Adobe Settings below and applying the preset when exporting.
Otherwise the below settings should be used in your PDF files.
• Use PDF Version 1.4. Ensure all files are flattened (flattening options turned on)
• Double sided artwork to be supplied in a 2 page PDF
• Supply a multiple page PDF with 1up artwork on each page
• Colour mode must be CMYK not RGB
• Under “Output” the “Destination” should be set to “CoatedFOGRA39”.
(Alternatively Adobe Suite users can use the colour setting “Europe General Purpose 3”)
• Include crop marks and 3mm minimum bleed
• Ensure artwork is centred in document and we recommend that text and non-bleed images be kept 3mm from trims
• Fold panels to be set to specifications
Booklet creep will occur – text and images should be at least 10mm from trim edge.
ORDER 1,000 A4 letterhead’s, 500 Envelopes, 250 business cards + get another 250 business cards free on us!